Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Honey-Ginger Glazed Tilapia w/Creamy Sauce



I bought a big bag of frozen tilapia at Sam's Club a while ago and I have been trying new tilapia recipes and this has been our favorite so far!! The marinated fish is good, but the creamy sauce for the top is what makes it. Billy says it reminds him of raita (Indian yogurt sauce).  If you are wanting a light fishy meal on a hot summer day, do yourself a favor and make this ;) Enjoy!!
Adapted from: Our Best Bites
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon grated ginger root
2 teaspoons minced or pressed garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
4-6 4-ounce tilapia fillets (or other favorite fish)
Creamy Dipping Sauce
6 ounces fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 small clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons chopped green onions--I didn't have green onions for I used red.
Juice of 1 small, juicy lime (about 2 tablespoons)--I used lemon juice
1 teaspoon lime zest--I didn't have
Sriracha sauce to taste (1/8-1/4 teaspoon will suit most tastes)--I used a tad of habanaro sauce, that's what I had. I think I only put two drops in. I didn't want it to be too spicy for the girls. 
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Optional: 1-2 teaspoons finely minced cilantro

Instructions:
Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and olive oil. Marinate the fish in the mixture for 20 minutes-1 hour.

While the fish is marinating, whisk together the creamy sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

I lined a pan with foil and broiled on high for about 5 minutes (until it was a little flaky with a fork) I served with rice and asparagus.  

BTW. I have always hated asparagus up until three days ago. We went over to some friends house for dinner on Sunday and she served asparagus and I decided that I love it! It tastes even better with a little bit of lime or lemon juice squeezed on top and S&P of course!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment